* Workshop on Parallel Metaheuristics (PAM2016)
* As part of International Conference on Metaheuristics and Nature Inspired Computing (META’2016)
* October 27th 31st, 2016
* Marrakech, Morocco
* Submission Deadline: June 26, 2016
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
Plenty of hard problems in a wide range of application areas, including engineering design, telecommunications, logistics, etc. have been modeled and tackled successfully with metaheuristics (evolutionary algorithms, scatter or swarm search, simulated annealing, Tabu search, etc.). Nowadays, optimization problems become increasingly large and complex, forcing the use of parallel computing for their efficient and effective resolution. On the other hand, parallel computing has recently undergone a significant evolution in terms of performance and energy consumption. The design and implementation of parallel metaheuristics raise several issues related in the same time to the characteristics of hardware execution machines and the parallel models of metaheuristics. This session seeks to provide an opportunity for the researchers to present their original contributions on the joint use of advanced (discrete or continuous, single or multi-objective, static or dynamic, deterministic!
or stochastic, hybrid) optimization methods and distributed and/or parallel computing, and any related issues.
The PAM Workshop topics of interest include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Parallel models (island, master-worker, multi-start, etc.) for metaheuristics revisited for multi-core processors/clusters, GPU accelerators, MIC coprocessors, clouds, etc.
- Parallel mechanisms for hybridization of optimization algorithms on parallel modern hardware platforms.
- Parallel strategies for handling uncertainty, robustness and dynamic nature using metaheuristics.
- Implementation issues of parallel metaheuristics on multi-core processors/clusters, GPU accelerators, MIC coprocessors, grids/clouds, etc.
- Software frameworks for the design and implementation of parallel and/or distributed metaheuristics.
- Computational/theoretical studies reporting results on solving challenging problems using metaheuristics.
- Energy- and thermal-aware optimization for/with parallel and/or distributed metaheuristics.
- Optimization techniques for scheduling, compiling, auto-tuning for multi-core processors/clusters, GPU accelerators, MIC coprocessors, grids/clouds, etc.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER SUBMISSION
We will accept submissions in three different formats.
– S1: Extended abstracts of work-in-progress and position papers of a maximum of 3 pages
– S2: Original research contributions of a maximum of 10 pages
– S3: High-quality manuscripts that have recently, within the last year, been submitted or accepted for journal publication
Submit your paper through the link http://meta2016.sciencesconf.org/user/submissions
Before submitting the abstract, please read these instructions carefully.
Accepted papers in categories S1 and S2 will be published in the proceedings that will be available at the conference. In addition, a post-conference Springer book and special issue of Journals is planned to be published. Participants will be invited to submit extended versions of their work for consideration.
- Submission deadline: June 26, 2016
- Notification of acceptance: July 10, 2016
- Early registration: September 16, 2016
- Conference: October 27-31, 2016
Université Lille 1/INRIA Lille – Nord Europe/CNRS LIFL
Phone: +33 3 59 57 78 86
Fax: +33 3 28 77 85 37
Universty of Mons
Phone: +32 65 37 46 91
Fax: +32 65 37 46 45