2021 Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO 2021)
13 tracks, 23 workshops, 38 tutorials, 13 competitions
JULY 10-14, 2021
The programme for GECCO 2021 has been updated and is available at
GECCO 2021 will present the latest high-quality results in genetic and evolutionary
computation. Topics include: genetic algorithms, genetic programming, ant colony
optimization and swarm intelligence, complex systems (artificial life, robotics,
evolvable hardware, generative and developmental systems, artificial immune
systems), digital entertainment technologies and arts, evolutionary
combinatorial optimization and metaheuristics, evolutionary machine learning,
evolutionary multiobjective optimization, evolutionary numerical optimization, real
world applications, search-based software engineering, theory and more.
Here are some highlights that will be presented by members of the SPOTSeven Lab:
- Thomas Bartz-Beielstein, Bogdan Filipic, and Sowmya Chandrasekaran are chairing the Evolutionary Computation in Practice (ECiP) track: well-known speakers with outstanding reputation present background and insider information on how to establish reliable cooperation with industrial partners.
- Thomas Bartz-Beielstein: SAEOPT Keynote about Surrogate Model Based Hyperparameter Tuning for Deep Learning with SPOT
- Jörg Stork, Martin Zaefferer, Nils Eisler, Patrick Tichelmann, Thomas Bartz-Beielstein, A. E. Eiben: Behavior-based Neuroevolutionary Training in Reinforcement Learning
- Margarita Rebolledo, Frederik Rehbach, Sowmya Chandrasekaran, Thomas Bartz-Beielstein are organizing the Industrial Challenge: Competition on the Optimization of a Simulation Model for a Capacity and Resource Planning Task for Hospitals under Special Consideration of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Margarita Rebolledo Coy, Daan Zeeuwe, Thomas Bartz-Beielstein, A.E. Eiben: Impact of Energy Efficiency on the Morphology and Behaviour of Evolved Robots
- Thomas Bartz-Beielstein, Marcel Dröscher, Alpar Gür, Alexander Hinterleitner, Olaf Mersmann, Dessislava Peeva, Lennard Reese, Nicolas Rehbach, Frederik Rehbach, Amrita Sen, Aleksandr Subbotin, Martin Zaefferer: Resource Planning for Hospitals Under Special Consideration of the COVID-19 Pandemic: Optimization and Sensitivity Analysis
GECCO is organized and sponsored by SIGEVO, the Association for Computing
Machinery’s Special Interest Group for Genetic and Evolutionary Computation. We
thank our sponsors Cognizant, Google, Emapa and our supporters: University of
Lille and its Research Center in Computer Science, Signal and Automatic Control
of Lille, CRIStAL.
GECCO’21 will be hosted in Gather, a virtual game-like environment emulating a
virtual conference center and its surroundings. Events will be directly
accessible from Gather, but participants will also be given access to Whova, a
more traditional virtual conference platform providing a more structured access
to conference content and schedule.
To participate, please register via