Internet of Things: Online Anomaly Detection for Drinking
- The challenge is now closed, results will soon be online!
Results are now available: Result Page
Based on the 2017 GECCO industrial challenge an updated more advanced problem is provided. This year’s industrial partner again is Thüringer Fernwasserversorgung (TFW), which provides the real-world dataset used in this challenge. The goal of the GECCO 2018 Industrial Challenge is to develop an event detector to accurately predict any kinds of changes in a time series of drinking water composition data.
Additionally, for the first time in the GECCO history, we are now able to provide the opportunity for all participants to submit 2-page algorithm descriptions for the GECCO Companion. Thus, it is now possible to create publications in a similar procedure to the Late Breaking Abstracts (LBAs) directly through competition participation!
Highlights of the GECCO 2018 Industrial Challenge include:
- Real-world Data: Real drinking-water time series are provided for training, testing, and assessing event detection methods.
- Direct Link to Industry: The Thüringer Fernwasserversorgung will evaluate the winning submissions for an implementation in real-world applications. Moreover, a direct contact with the winning participants, who will keep all rights to their detection system, is highly appreciated by Thüringer Fernwasserversorgung.
- Publication Possibilities: For the first time in GECCO history we are able to accept 2-page submissions for the GECCO Companion, thus publications are possible directly through competition participation.
About the Thüringer Wasserversorgung
Located at the heart of Germany, Thüringer Fernwasserversorgung is a public water company with its headquarters in Erfurt. Thüringer Fernwasserversorgung operates more than 60 dams and reservoirs, 2 central
water treatment plants and 550 km of bulk water transport network. With about 200 employees Thüringer Fernwasserversorgung transfers more than 50 million cubic meters of raw water and drinking water to its clients, local and municipal water supply companies, thus ensuring a reliable supply of highest quality drinking water to more than 1 million people.
Important Dates and Contacts
- Software and Data Availability: Online
- Challenge Submission Deadline: 30-June-2018
- GECCO-2018 Conference: Kyoto, July 15-19, 2018
- Contact: email@example.com
Organizing Committee and Sponsors
- Frederik Rehbach, TH Köln
- Sowmya Chandrasekaran, TH Köln
- Margarita Rebolledo, TH Köln
- Steffen Moritz, TH Köln
- Thomas Bartz-Beielstein, TH Köln
GECCO is sponsored by the Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Group for Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (ACM SIGEVO).