Do you share our enthusiasm for reproducible, open-source benchmarking of black-box optimization algorithms? Participate in the Open Optimization Competition 2022, organized by the Nevergrad and IOHprofiler teams.
Our platforms already offer a large number of different benchmark problem collections, state of the art algorithms, various performance statistics, possibility to analyze parameter evolution, etc.
You can also use our interactive IOHanalyzer to browse data from Nevergrad, BBOB/COCO, and IOHprofiler: https://iohanalyzer.liacs.nl/
BUT: there is still a lot to be done!
Participation is easy: you contribute by adding new features to the environments, via GitHub pull requests, and you submit a short (max 2 page) description of what you have done.
Typical contributions are: new problem collections, new algorithms, new performance statistics, any other new feature, performance improvement, bug fixes, etc. etc.
A survey of the three winning entries from 2021 is available in the SIGEVOlution newsletter at https://evolution.sigevo.org/issues/HTML/sigevolution-14-4/home.html#h.s8646qlkzqmt
Submissions are open until June 15, 2022.
Our independent jury members will select the winning entries:
- Thomas Bartz-Beielstein, TH Cologne, Germany
- Bernd Bischl, Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität Munich, Germany
- Andries Engelbrecht, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Martin Holeňa, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic
- Pascal Kerschke, TU Dresden, Germany
- Jialin Liu, Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech), Shenzhen, China
- Antoine Moreau, Université Clermont Auvergne, France
- Oliver Schütze, CINVESTAV-IPN, Mexico
- Sara Silva, University of Lisbon, Portugal
The Open Optimization Competition 2022 is held as part of the ACM Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (GECCO).
GECCO offers a possibility to publish your contributions in its companion proceedings. (but be aware that the deadline for these papers is April 11, whereas the deadline for competition entries is June 15)
Do not hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions about the competition!
With best wishes from Paris,
Carola, on behalf of the organizing team
- Carola Doerr, CNRS researcher at LIP6, Sorbonne University, Paris, France
- Olivier Teytaud, Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research, Paris, France
- Jeremy Rapin, Facebook Artificial Intelligence Research, Paris, France
- Thomas Bäck, LIACS, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Hao Wang, LIACS, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Diederick Vermetten, LIACS, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Jacob de Nobel, LIACS, Leiden University, The Netherlands
- Furong Ye, LIACS, Leiden University, The Netherlands