Interesting keynote talk – very entertaining! #GECCO2016
Holger Hoos about “Taming the Complexity Monster or: How I learned to Stop Worrying and Love Hard Problems”
Here is the second set of photos from yesterday’s Evolutionary Computation in Practice / Industrial Applications of Metaheuristics track at #GECCO2016 (afternoon sessions). You might recognize the following speakers:
• Bogdan Filipic: “Challenges of Deploying Evolutionary Computation in Steel Industry”
• Carlos A. Coello Coello: “Evolutionary Multi-Objective Optimization in Real- World Applications”
• Anna Esparcia Alcazar: “EC in industry: the quest for the Holy Grail – from Brain Computer Interfaces to automated testing with TESTAR”
• Michael Affenzeller: “Heuristic Optimization in Production and Logistics”
• Thomas Bäck: “Intelligent Industry Solutions”
• Felipe Campelo: “EAs for aeronautical optimization – some results and challenges”
• Erik Goodman: “How to Introduce Academic-developed EC Technology to Industry”
Yesterday’s Evolutionary Computation in Practice / Industrial Applications of Metaheuristics track at #GECCO2016 was a great success. Here are some photos from the first (morning) session.
Mazurka Mukhtar just finished her talk about “Optimising a Waste Heat Recovery System using Multi-Objective Evolutionary Algorithm” #GECCO2016 .
Thomas Bartz-Beielstein talked about “Surrogate Model-based Optimization in Practice”.
Now, Erik Hemberg is talking about “Multi-Line Batch Scheduling by Similarity”. More talks in Wind River A, also this afternoon. Check http://gecco-2016.sigevo.org/index.html/EC+in+Practice for more.
Perhaps one of the most important sessions at GECCO. Interesting talks about EC in practice today at #GECCO2016 from leading experts
- Bogdan Filipic
- Carlos A. Coello Coello
- Anna Esparcia Alcazar
- Michael Affenzeller
- Thomas Bäck
- Felipe Campelo
- Erik Goodman
plus a panel discussion. Please check http://gecco-2016.sigevo.org/index.html/EC+in+Practice.
Today, at 10:40 Thomas Bartz-Beielstein will talk about “Surrogate Model-based Optimization in Practice” in Wind River A. More: http://gecco-2016.sigevo.org/index.html/EC+in+Practice.
BTW, Jürgen Branke is talking about “Efficient Global Optimization” (EGO) right now in Wind River B in his tutorial about “Simulation Optimization”. EGO will be discussed in the “Surrogate Model-based Optimization in Practice” talk, too.
for today’s Evolutionary Computation in Practice sessions.